Tuesday, March 26, 2013

ODBDSLC148 He is Risen

Thanks to everyone who participated in the "Spring Has Sprungchallenge last week!! There were so many beautiful creations. We so enjoyed viewing your interpretation of the challenge.

Before going on to our next challenge or our winners, I would like to introduce our next Guest for April and May: Gloria Stengel.



Here are some words from Gloria about herself:

"My name is Gloria Stengel and I live in Oceanside, CA. I’ve been a CA resident since March 2005, after living in five other states. I live with my husband Matt and our three children, Nathan (21), Laura (17), and Jonah (12). I homeschool my two youngest children, but my oldest son has graduated and now attends college full-time.

I have been hooked on paper crafts all of my life. In 1990, I discovered rubber stamping and in 1996, I stumbled across "modern" scrapbooking. I love all aspects of paper crafting: card making, scrapbooking, mini albums, altered art, up-cycling, you name it! I am happiest when I am making a mess! It's the cleaning up part that I don't care for!

I have been on a number of design teams over the past few years I recently began writing blog articles for Crafts 'n things Magazine, which allows me to share tutorials, favorite products, and advice on paper crafting. The design teams I work with are very diverse, which is an amazing thing for me considering that I love all sorts of art mediums.

I have also been published in several magazines. Plus I have a blog, a Facebook Fan Page, and a YouTube channel in order to share my creative work. You can visit my blog, Scraps of Life

I am so pleased to be joining the ODBD family for the next two months!  To say I am excited is an understatement!"

And now on to our challenge!!!


The Award anPrize Winners for last week's "Spring has Sprungchallenge:


Our Daily Bread Designs, The Shepherd


Our Daily Bread Designs





Congrats Ladies !! Please grab the Shining the Light Award Badge and display it with pride. Please link the badge to http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/.


Shining the Light Challenge Award



Thanks to some of our Design Team members for their gorgeous entries for this challenge:


ODBD stamps, Sentiment Collection 2, Antique Label Designs, designed by Grace Nywening


Our Daily Bread Designs


Our Daily Bread Designs

This week's random prize winner of the $15 dollar gift certificate toward stamps is:

Congratulations !!  Please email Kelley at kelley@ourdailybreaddesigns.com
for more information on how you to claim your gift certificatePlease let her know you won ODBDSLC147.

This week's challenge is: He is Risen with pastels (a project or card displaying a cross, verse, or sentiment about the true meaning of Easter (not commercialized...bunnies...)  This challenge will last 2 weeks!!

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for thprize must be submitted by Sunday, April 7 at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. 

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants  for the  Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps anhave your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday,  April 7 at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC148.  When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.


Now on to our challenge teams inspiring creations for this challenge:

Please note the designers link, challenges used and the stamp set they used is listed under each creation. If you take a moment to leave the girls some love at their blogs, I am sure they would greatly appreciate it.



ODBD Fifth Anniversary Release Scripture Collection 10; Never Give Up and Grunge Cross Die
ODBD Products Used: 
ODBD Fifth Anniversary Release Scripture Collection 10;
Our Daily Bread Designs, Sentiment Collection 2
ODBD stamps Used: Sentiments Collection 2
ODBD Dies Used: Recipe and Tag Dies

Our Daily Bread Designs, He is Risen!

ODBD Stamps Used: He is Risen!

Our Daily Bread Designs, I am the Way

ODBD Stamps Used: I Am the Way


ODBD Stamps Used:  He is Risen

Our Daily Bread Designs, Scripture Collection 10, Happy Spring, Let the Earth Rejoice

ODBD Dies Used: Recipe Card and Tags Die


Thanks for stopping by!! We hope you will join us for this week's challenge.  We can't wait to see your creation!!


blessings,







example image

9 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Gloria! I am looking forward to your wonderful creations in April.

Grace said...

Beautiful samples ladies, and welcome Gloria! So glad to have you join us this month!!! Can't wait to see your creations using ODBD stamps!!! Congrats to our winners as well.... so well deserved!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Thank you for picking my card, pretty examples for the next challnege :)

Angella D. Crockett said...

Woo hoo...welcome, Gloria aka Rock Star!!! I know you will do amazing things for ODBD during your stay!!
Congrats to last week's winners!! CT girls, your samples are gorgeous and stunning as usual!! HUGS!!

LaDawn said...

He has risen indeed.

TLady said...

GORGEOUS JOB LADIES!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Lynn said...

I am SO excited! I am really honored to have had my card chosen as one of the Shining the Light Award winners, and then to have my name picked in the random drawing for the prize - well, I can only say WOW! Two wonderful surprises! Thank you so much!
Also, congrats to Gloria! I am looking forward to seeing her creations here. More great talent added to your amazingly talented group!

Gloria Stengel said...

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am so happy to be the April and May guest DT!

Dorothy S said...

DT members - thank you for once again inspiring us with spectacular work.